If you’ve read our previous articles, you’ll know by now that mercury doesn’t just stay in the mouth where
amalgams are placed. After mercury vapour escapes from the filling and makes its way into the mouth, it then travels throughout
- being deposited into tissue and organs. But how exactly does mercury affect these organs and tissues, and what are the symptoms
it causes when mercury affects these body parts?
Mercury is most commonly introduced to the body in the form of amalgam, pesticides/fertilisers and seafood. It enters the body through the mouth or eyes and is then absorbed by any mucosal tissue - like the gums, lungs and gut. Once it has been absorbed by mussel tissue, it makes its way into the bloodstream - travelling to vital organs like the kidneys, liver, brain and heart. It can also makes its way into the bones. Anywhere the blood goes, mercury can go. When mercury ends up in vital organs, it will often induce a secondary immune response, which will catalyse chronic disease. And herein lies the danger of mercury.